PORTUGUESE WAY FROM TUY TO SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA 8 DAYS -WALKING TOUR
DAY 1. ARRIVAL BY OWN ACCOUNT AND OVERNIGHT IN TUI *
DAY 2. TUI – PORRIÑO (19 KM)
This first step is probably the hardest of all the way. We enter Spain by the International Bridge over the River Minho, whose side is an excellent vantage point of the city of Tui with an overview of the historical center, the cathedral of Santa Maria and the old hospital for the poor and pilgrims, together with the Chapel San Telmo and will be a ride that plunges the pilgrim in the history that the walls of this town house keep. We continue our way along paths and detours, which run parallel to the highway, but with good signage to get into Ribadelouro and immediately continue on a leafy and pleasant valley, until a major industrial zone which is exits the prelude of the O Porrino, where we can enjoy its historic center.
DAY 3. PORRIÑO – REDONDELA (16 KM)
We leave O Porrino by the route entering the municipality of Mos, where we visit the church of Santa Eulalia and the Pazo of the Mos Marquis. From here the road climbs to the top of the Inxertado and through the Roman milestone of Vilar de Infesta, that, along the Roman road crosses the “meseta” of Chan das Pipas. From the top, you can enjoy beautiful views. Begins a steep and quick descent to Redondela where we can enjoy the Convent of Vilavella, residence of nuns in the sixteenth century, the viaduct Pedro Florani, opened in 1876 and cataloged as Interesting Culture.
DAY 4. REDONDELA – PONTEVEDRA (18 KM)
We will leave Redondela by the chapel of Sorrows and the railway bridge, that will lead us through a wooded area to Setefontes and Arcade to cross the historical Ponte Sampaio on the waters of the river Verdugo. Continue to A Canicouva by a former stone “empredrado” way towards the city of Pontevedra and the Sanctuary of the Pilgrim, patron and symbol.
DAY 5. PONTEVEDRA – CALDAS DE REIS (23 KM)
During this period a total of 22 kilometers are traveled with a médium difficulty and a rather flat terrain. So, to reach the end of this journey we must first pass through Pontecabras, Alba, Reiriz, Lombao Maceira, San Mauro, Ponte Balbón, O Ameal and Tivo, where noteworthy in this stretch the Church of San Martin de Agudelo, in Barro, where you can see the hand of Maestro Mateo ulminating in Caldas de Reis.
DAY 6. CALDAS DE REIS – PADRÓN (17 KM)
This stage does delve pilgrims into Bermaña Valley and its ancient forests; certainly a beautiful landscape as Bermaña. Besides places like Bermaña, Santa Maria de Carracedo, Eirigo, O Pino, San Miguel de Valga and Infesta. Once in Padrón we should not miss the Palace of Quito Renaissance, the Museum of Rosalía de Castro Foundation House or Camilo Jose Cela, and of course taste their famous peppers.
DAY 7. PADRÓN – SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA (26 KM)
In the sixth and final stage you will go direction Iria Flavia, to pass by “A Escravitude” and its Sanctuary, O Milladoiro, A Rocha Vella and finally arrive at Santiago de Compostela through the Faxeira door and goes to the Praterías of Santiago Cathedral.
DAY 8. CHECK OUT AND END OF OUR SERVICES.
- Accommodation and breakfast in double or single room with bathroom.
- Backpacks transportation for each stage along the way (max. 15 kg per-bag)
- Accommodation along the way: Hotels, Farmhouses, Hostels and Pensions
- P3 to visit Santiago (historical center / self guided)
Does not included
- Support car / Transfer IN / Transfer OUT
- 3rd person discount in extra bed sharing room with2 Adults on request
- Half Board supplement on request
- 6 picnics supplement (sándwich +drink + dessert) 43€ per person
- Transfer Supplement airport Santiago – Tui (max 3 pax) *195€
- Transfer Supplement Santiago city center – Santiago airport (max 1 to 3 pax) 33€
- Transfer Supplement Santiago city center – Santiago airport (max 4 to 7 pax) 51€
- Private Transfer and/or support car during the way: on request.
- * For flight delays or waiting for baggage claim 20 € / Hour