DAY 1. ARRIVAL BY OWN ACCOUNT AND OVERNIGHT IN SARRIA *
DAY 2. SARRIA – PORTOMARÍN (22.4 KM)
The twenty-seventh journey is for a good part of the walkers the first, as Sarria is very close to the mythical and last 100 kilometers. The mínimum distance to be traveled on foot to win the Compostela. The stage does not disappoint at all or the first time or the experienced pilgrim It offers countless villages form the Sarria area, Paradela and Portomarin, good examples of Romanesque neighborhood paved tracks, trails and rural corridors, medievals bridges, rustic bridges.
DAY 3. PORTOMARÍN – PALAS DE REI (25 KM)
The stage is fractionated by the Ligonde mountain, which in turn divides the basins of the rivers Miño and Ulloa and the Concellos of Portomarín and Monterroso. Although the beginning is promising and offer a relax climbing of Mount San Antonio, the rest are modest, provincial and even national roads. However they enliven the journey with good examples of Romanesque churches, including the possibility to stop in Vilar de Donas to visit San Salvador, ancient pilgrim hospitals and the valuable cruise of Lameiros.
DAY 4. PALAS DE REI – MELIDE (16 KM)
The French Route leaves Palas by the Campo dos Romeiros; traditional meeting place for pilgrims to enter the medieval village of Leboreiro. Among Leboreiro and Melide, crosses the village of Furelos and its river through a medieval bridge into the urban area of Melide.
DAY 5. MELIDE – ARZÚA (14 KM)
After Melide, the road passes through Boente and Castaneda then reach Arzúa, cheese villa. The Camino is presented in this docile stage and in very good condition, mixing earth and stone with small little road between villages, with mid climbs and descents alternating with flat sections
DAY 6. ARZÚA – O PINO – AMENAL (19,1 KM)
Between Arzúa and the cathedral of Santiago there is nearly 40 kilometers and the most logical and prudent way to divide the section is by doing stop and in Santa Irene or in O Pedrouzo. The City Council of Arzúa gives the baton to O Pino in a comfortable way, with easier slopes and tracks always close to the N-547.
DAY 7. O PINO – AMENAL – SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA (22 KM)
We ‘re almost at our goal. Walking becomes peaceful, maybe by fear of ending and not knowing or not wanting to do next. Among tracks full of leafs, between the last patches of pine and eucalyptus trees, close together and symmetrical, in some areas, also some oak, reaching the last villages. Today’s stage is short and takes us to the town of Lavacolla. Upon reaching the top, you pass by the airport and begin the gentle descent to Lavacolla. By Lovacolla passes a stream that the ancient pilgrims used to wash and purify themselves before reaching Santiago de Compostela. Lavacolla, as in the term of Santiago, is located close to the Monte do Gozo, a small hill from which pilgrims have the first view of the Cathedral of Santiago. The Monte do Gozo, converted into the Xacobeo 93 in a area for pilgrims, has a large monument on its summit, the source and the chapel of San Marcos. From here, the journey is almost urban, coming to the Cathedral through the San Lázaro neighborhood, Rúa de San Pedro, Door of the Camino, Rua das Casas Reais and Plaza de Cervantes, loss and directly access to the cathedral through the Holy Door, or if no Holy Year from the Azabachería.
DAY 8. CHECK OUT AND END OF OUR SERVICES.
- Accommodation and breakfast in double or single room with bathroom.
- Backpacks transportation for each stage along the way (max. 15 kg per-bag)
- Accommodation along the way: Hotels, Farmhouses, Hostels and Pensions
- P3 to visit Santiago (historical center / self guided)
Does not included
- Support car / Transfer IN / Transfer OUT
- 3rd person discount in extra bed sharing room with 2 adults on request
- Half Board supplement – on request
- 6 picnics supplement (sándwich + drink + dessert) – 45,00€ per person
- Transfer Supplement airport Santiago – Sarria – 130,00€ (max 4 pax) *
- Transfer Supplement Santiago city center – Santiago airport (max 1 to 3 pax – 33,00€
- Transfer Supplement Santiago city center – Santiago airport (max 4 to 7 pax – 51,00€
- Private Transfer and/or support car during the way on request.
* For flight delays or waiting for baggage claim – 20€ / Hour.